Monday, November 16, 2009

No pain, No gain

Autumn had her 2 month check up today along with her first round of vaccines. I knew going into the appointment that I was going to cry watching Autumn be in pain, but it still hit me pretty hard watching her go from "Ooo, that didn't feel good", to extremely beet red, to screaming and tears! It took me about 5 minutes to calm her down and eventually she nursed. I welled up with tears when she got the shots, but as soon as the nurse left, my own fountain got turned on. So sad to see your baby in pain and hurting :-( But it's for the best and she'll never remember it anyways.

On a better note... My big girl weighs 11 lbs 15 oz and is 23 1/4 inches long. She's growing so fast! Her pediatrician is absolutely amazed by how advanced Autumn is with brain development. She already doing things that they were expecting until her 4 month checkup (like observing her hands and following me at greater distances). The doctor looks forward to Autumn's checkups because she just loves watching her grow up. She even commented on how much hair Autumn has grown back already :-) That's my girl! Grow mommy some hair. LOL.

Autumn also had a photo shoot last week with Wendy Ingraham and I can't wait to get those pictures back. I will post them on here as soon as I can.

I will also note that I'm very proud of my baby girl for sleeping 8 hours the past 2 nights. She's been going to bed super late though (after 11pm) so I'm trying something out by not putting her back to sleep right away after 8 am (cuz I like to sleep til 10 am) and that way she's more tired at night. It's worked 1 night so far. We'll see if my theory really works.

I also recently ordered Autumn's Thanksgiving outfit that I've had my eye on for quite some time. It's from baby Gap and I absolutely LOVE that store! Too bad it's so darn expensive. So I'm gonna try not to buy that much stuff from there (especially since she'll outgrow it so fast). But leave it to special occasions that I'll buy her cute things from there. I also got her Christmas outfit from there too. So cute! Can't wait to show you pictures!!!

But for now, please enjoy a picture of Autumn that just makes my heart melt!




No comments:

Post a Comment