Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Sleep Training - Night 2

Autumn still amazes me how easy she is with this sleep training thing. Last night was great too! Another step closer to sleeping through the night. She went to bed at 7pm and woke up around 11:30pm. I had to rearrange her in the crib a bit because she was flopping her head back and forth (to get comfortable) and it kept hitting the side of the crib. She fussed (which was hardly fussing at all) for maybe 10 - 15 minutes and went right back to sleep. She then woke up at 4:30am and I was glad to nurse her :-) Went right back to sleep and just now woke up at 7:30am. I did not mind nursing her at 4:30, it's closer to the 12 hour mark than the first time she woke up. Plus, I needed her to nurse (lol).

Yesterday my mom was feeding Autumn her peaches and she started smacking her lips/clucking her tongue. Autumn apparently (I wasn't there) really studied my mom and worked hard at getting her mouth to do the same thing. Shortly after she was able to do it and continued to make that noise the rest of the night. It was so stinking cute. Especially at dinner, when I was feeding her, she would blow raspberries (sometimes with food, lol) and smack her lips too. She was so proud!

Tonight is going to be the first night, ever, that I won't put her to sleep. I have to be at our small group early to do a haircut, and it would be too early to put Autumn to bed. So my dad (who is thrilled!) is going to put her to sleep. I'm pretty confident he'll do a great job :-) He's so patient and calm when it comes to feeding her. I hope she does well for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment