Wednesday, March 24, 2010

6 months!

I feel so overwhelmed when I don't post that often. Especially since Autumn's been keeping me so busy lately....

She had her 6 month check-up today! My big girl weighs in at 16 lbs 10 oz (75th percentile). She's also 27 1/2 inches long which is above the 95th percentile. We're gonna have one tall girl!!! She's off the charts and the pediatrician thinks that she's not going to come back down :-) Not that her parents are tall or anything... Everything else looks great. I mentioned that Autumn is making B noises and M noises as well and her face just lit up! Apparently that's 9 month stuff that she's been doing for a month already. That's great! The pediatrician loves that I surprise her with this stuff at every check-up. She's always been a little advanced since she was 2 months old. She's going to be one smart cookie!!! And then ugh, my least favorite part about the appointment... The shots... First shot, Autumn didn't cry!!!! I couldn't believe it and the nurse was shocked too. Second shot, definitely cried and third shot, really cried. She was a trooper though. Calmed down very quickly. Took a long nap when she got home and went to bed shortly after waking up from her nap. Speaking of sleep. I now have to "help" her sleep through the night. I'm not looking forward to it, but she's gotten in the bad habit of waking up for night-time feedings. Maybe I'll make my mom do it for me... LOL

Autumn is now a rolling around machine and it's a matter of time before she starts crawling. She knows how to manipulate her roll to get what she wants to. It's so amazing watching her brain at work when she's learning and accomplishing things on her own. She lifted her tummy off the floor for the first time yesterday. And she's starting to manipulate her legs like she wants to crawl. My easy baby life as I know it is now coming to an end. Not that I'm complaining... I fall more and more in love with her as she grows and learns.

Autumn officially got her first cold. She's definitely a trooper though. Never got fussy. Didn't sleep any different than her normal awake every 4 hours. Just woke up kind of stuffy in the morning. I tried a humidifier, but it died. So I just got her some baby Vicks and rubbed a small amount on her chest. It helped. She's doing much better.

I started Autumn on her first fruit on Monday... PEARS!!! I love pears :-) I got a mini food processor from a friend and it's amazing! I just took some pears that my mom canned and mushed it into somewhat smooth baby food and she loved it! Ate it really well. I've been feeding it to her twice a day right now. Next week I'm going to start her on peaches. Still nursing her and will as long as she wants to. She definitely doesn't want to give that up. I think she only eats enough fruit so that she can also put in a full nursing too :-) Autumn's pediatrician loves the fact that I'm feeding Autumn that way. She's not a huge fan of baby food (in those jars) because there's no texture to it and it's harder to transition from that to adult food. I wasn't planning on giving her jarred food anyways, so it makes me feel better that I get the support from the pediatrician.

As always, enjoy some pictures :-)

I think she had more pear on her face/hands/feet
than in her mouth!


Chillin in her car seat...


Nothing's better in playing with her piggies
in only her diaper!


I love this girl so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment