Monday, January 18, 2010

Remembering

I was just going through some of my previous blogs from when I was pregnant. I noticed one of them I talked about how I thought Autumn was going to be shy because she would stop moving whenever someone would touch my belly. So far my theory has proven to be right. She still acts so shy. Nuzzling her head in my shoulder when I'm holding her or turning her head to the side when she smiles at someone. So stinkin' cute!

I think my milk supply is almost back to normal now. I don't have to pump anymore and I don't have to drink malted milk anymore (even though it's yummy). That was definitely a big struggle of patience for me. It's hard to sit and watch your child screaming because you can't provide for her like you did before you were sick. I remember how my dad wouldn't let me do things when I was a teenager because he was watching out for me. I didn't understand, but I do now! It's amazing how things flash back from when you were a kid and now you see the other side of the situation :-)

Autumn goes in for her 4 month check up on Wednesday. I can't believe she's 4 months old already (tomorrow). My how time flies!!! I'm going into this appointment a little nervous.... I don't like the idea of getting so many vaccine shots at each appointment. I never did. At her last appointment, I asked her pediatrician about doing an "alternative schedule" with less shots and her response was "There is no alternative schedule!" Well, I wasn't happy with that answer because I knew there was one, I just didn't know what it was. So I did some research and found "The Vaccine Book" by Dr. Sears and it's an amazing book. He goes through each vaccine and describes what it is, how it's made, the ingredients in them, why parents choose to vaccinate, why they don't and his opinion on the vaccine. I would recommend this book to anyone who has questions about whether they want to vaccine or not. Amazing! So this coming appointment, I'm going in with my schedule and telling her that this is how I want it done and if she doesn't like it, I'm leaving. Wish me luck!

Enjoy a picture from Autumn when she was so little. I can't believe she used to be this little!!!

2 comments:

  1. GOOD FOR YOU! The peds at Leah's dr. would give us such a hard time for not vaccinating, we switched offices. You have to do what YOU think is best for your baby. Great job on the research Erin! She's getting so big!! 4 months???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jen. I feel a lot better going into this appointment because I did my research. Her 2 month appointment, I had no idea what I was talking about :-) Remember when your Leah was 4 months old? LOL, I feel like it was just yesterday for her :-)

    ReplyDelete