Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Doctor, Doctor!

Autumn had her 4 month check up today. I've mentioned before about how I'm not a fan of all the shots she's scheduled to get at one time. So I came up with a schedule about how I wanted her shots done. I was nervous about showing it to her pediatrician because she's very strong-willed. However, Autumn's pediatrician really surprised me... She really looked at my schedule and explained to me what's good about it and what she wasn't a fan about with it. She mentioned how it might be good in some states, but where we live she didn't recommend it. So I listened with an open mind because I did get this schedule from a book... We both ended up working on our own schedule together. I was very surprised because I thought for sure it was going to be "her way" and no other way. But she really took the time to listen to my concerns and worked with me so that I was comfortable with the decision we made. So Autumn is getting no more than 2 shots at a time. I'm 100% ok with that! I'm also requesting the nurse Autumn had today everytime because she was SUPER fast and I was holding and comforting Autumn quicker than I can change her diaper :-) I'm very happy that I stood up for myself and what I believed in. It's something I don't do very often, but I'm glad I did!

On a better note... Autumn is now 14 lbs 15 oz (80th percentile) and 25 1/2 inches long (90th percentile). Her pediatrician was very impressed that Autumn is pulling herself away from me to sit up by herself. She's a lot more stable when she grabs toys and her head is a beautiful round shape. Tee hee. We also think that she's going to stick with blue eyes. The pediatrician told me that with my hazel eyes, Autumn would start changing by now if she was going to be hazel or brown. They're still such a strong blue, so I'm hopeful they'll stay that way :-) The pediatrician is always impressed with Autumn and how she's ahead of schedule development wise. She's so close to rolling other. I will sit there and encourage, but then think "What am I thinking? She'll be all over the place once she rolls over!" Haha. Autumn's growing up so fast :-)


Such a happy girl!


Autumn exhausted while mommy was doing hair :-)


Such a big girl sitting all by herself!

No comments:

Post a Comment