Wednesday, September 30, 2009

I love being a mommy!

I think this is by far the best thing ever. Being a mommy! Jordan and I are having so much fun with this. And I think we're being spoiled by little Autumn as well. She hardly cries, and when she does, it's next to nothing. It's been amazing knowing her "cues" as to when she's hungry, uncomfortable in her diaper or just wants to cuddle. The bond between Autumn and I is absolutely amazing! I can't believe that I could love something this much. My mom has been wonderful as well. Helping me out during the night. She works nights at the hospital here in town. So on her nights off, she's been putting Autumn to sleep upstairs in her pack n play while I sleep downstairs. So when it's time to feed, my mom gets me up, I feed her, give her back to my mom (if she doesn't fall asleep right away) and go back to bed. However, recently, Autumn's been really good about falling asleep right away. She's finally getting the idea to sleep during the night and awake during the day. She's amazing!!! Love my little girl :-)

Autumn had her first doctor's appointment last week Friday (yeah, I didn't update since then, I'm bad, I know). Doctor said she looks amazing. Everything looks good, especially since she had a huge bruise from the vacuum the doctor used during delivery. They were concerned that she was going to have jaundice, but nothing! Also, most babies lose up to 10% of their birth weight and the doctor's want the babies to gain their birth weight back by 2 weeks. Autumn exceeded that!!! She was born 7 lbs 10 oz. We left the hospital (2 days later) and she was 7 lbs 3 oz. But by Friday (4 days later) Autumn weighed 7 lbs 13 oz. WOO HOO!!! That a girl :-D She's definitely a great eater. Haven't had any complications with breastfeeding at all. Milk came in almost right away (2 days after she was born) and Autumn's been a breastfeeding machine!!! Next doctor's appointment is within 2 weeks. I promise I'll update sooner than I did this time.

Please enjoy some of the pictures from Autumn's first week at home!


My grandpa absolutely LOVES Autumn! He cries whenever he holds her :-)


Right after her first bath at home.


Once of her awake times in the middle of the night.


Autumn loves having her head rubbed!



No comments:

Post a Comment