Wednesday, September 16, 2009

40 weeks

So today I am offically on my due date! I read somewhere that only 3% of all births occur on the due date (or something like that). I wouldn't mind adding to that statistic!

Had my doctor's appointment yesterday. Had an ultra sound to do measurements and check amniotic fluid levels. The tech estimated that Autumn weighs about 8 lbs 7 oz (give to take a pound). Not a bad size. Given I was 9 lbs 10 oz and Jordan was 7 lbs 13 oz. So I kinda figured she would be up there anyways. I'm still guessing that she's gonna be 9 lbs 2 oz. So we will see. We have a poll going in my family. And (if you follow facebook) I'm sure you've seen that my brother is guessing 10 lbs. He is 100% CONVINCED that she's gonna be that big. And I told him that if she is, I'm gonna smack him the second he walks into my room. HAHA.

Other than that. My amniotic fluid is border line low again. So I have a non-stress test Friday morning followed by another ultra sound. If I don't bring up the fluid levels by then, I will be induced Friday night. Which means I could have Autumn by this weekend. AHH!!! Although, I want to make this as safe for her as possible while she's still in there. So definitely resting more and drinking lots of water. Good thing I'm done doing hair now. Great time to sit back and relax. Catch up on my tv shows :-) If I bring the fluids back up by Friday, then I have another doctor's appointment on Monday to discuss the possibility of inducing (since my doctor won't let me go 7 - 10 days past my due date). So it's just the waiting game right now. I can't believe I'm here. On my due date! I never thought this day would come. I still feel like we just found out. My how this year has flown by!!! It's driving Jordan crazy not knowing when. I'm afraid to call him at work cuz he's anxiously waiting for "that" for call. He went to a concert with my brother and my sister's boyfriend on Monday and in between each song he said he checked his phone to make sure I didn't call him. So sweet :-) He just wants to hold her so bad. He's ready to be a daddy!

I must say, God has truely blessed this pregnancy for me and Jordan. It has been pretty easy and a wonderful experience. I didn't get morning sickness and haven't had any major complications throughout. I've been measuring "on time" the whole pregnancy, which makes my doctor's job much easier. I hope and pray for a safe delivery and that Autumn comes out healthy and ready for the outside world. I love to just sit back and think about the miracle of life! How 2 people who love each other so much can create something so amazing!!! I can't imagine going through this alone. I am so honored and blessed to have Jordan as an absolutely AMAZING husband who has journied with me through this pregnancy experience and about to entire into the joys of parenthood. I have watched him grow so much since we've gotten married and it is wonderful to see the work that God has done in his life! We have definitely gone through our rough time, but God knew what He was doing and I couldn't be any happier than I am now :-) I cannot wait to see what's in store for our future. And welcome Autumn into our lives with open arms.



Autumn Rae Baldwin, 20 weeks ago :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment