Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Memories

It's hard to believe that Autumn's already 10 months old. I feel like it was only yesterday that we brought her home from the hospital. She couldn't even hold her head up yet. Very dependant on me for everything. Especially food. Now she's crawling all over the place, eating table food, and learning how to communicate through signing.

I took some time to sit back and think of how blessed I am to be Autumn's mother. How she started as nothing more than an egg inside my womb that grew rapidly over the course of 9 months. The first time I felt her kicking. The warmth I felt knowing that I was supporting life inside me. Jordan feeling Autumn kicking for the first time. How grossed out he was and yet so excited that he helped create life! To the birth of our beautiful baby girl that took my breath away the moment I saw her!! Seeing Jordan's face when he realized that he was a father for the first time. The first time nursing Autumn, realizing that I will be supporting this life, again, through the works of my body. Through the milestones she's already accomplished. Holding her head up, pushing her chest up, sitting up, crawling, pulling herself up, going up stairs, and now walking around furniature. I melted the first time she smiled at me, realized who I was and then called me "mama". It's sad to watch her cry when she needs me, and yet so comforting knowing that we have this special bond between us that I pray will continue to grow throughout her life. I cannot imagine a life without her. Being a mother is one of the best lifetime experiences that I've ever gone through.

Autumn and I are also so blessed to have Jordan in our lives. That he is able to work so hard to have me stay at home and experience everyday with her! I cannot imagine missing a single day in her life!! Jordan is such a great father, he loves his little girl so much! And I love him more and more everyday just watching him create a special father/daughter bond that will shape her future for the better. God knew what he was doing when he placed Autumn in our life. I think Him everyday for her!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment