Friday, April 2, 2010

Sleep Training - Night 5

Last night was a success! Autumn went down at 7:30pm for the night and woke up at 7am without a sound all night long!!! Of course I didn't get a full night's sleep because I kept waking up wondering if she was going to wake up. Haha. It won't be long til I am able to sleep through the night again too. This feels wonderful! I thought for sure that this was going to be the worst experience ever. Autumn has been nothing but cooperative and you can really tell that she's a lot happier during her awake time now too.

Something I've been struggling with personally is my hair business. I currently travel to do hair by going to my client's houses. However, it's been a few weeks since I've gone out and done hair, so Autumn got really into her schedule. The last 2 days that I've brought her to her hair appointment haven't been very pleasant. She wasn't used to being out and got really fussy that she couldn't take her nap. And I don't have a regular babysitter around that can help me whenever or almost on a last minute notice. So my thoughts are... Do I just wait it out until we get our own place where my clients can come to me everytime? Do I become more strict on the days that I can do hair so that I can have a babysitter? Do I quit altogether? I have thought of that... I would absolutely love to be home with Autumn 24/7... But giving up hair would be almost impossible for me right now... Sigh! I've been praying about it for a long time now and I still have no answer. My clients have been nothing but cooperative with me and are super understanding. I think of them more as friends than clients. I just pray that God will help guide me into His plan that He has for me.

On another note... I noticed that Autumn has been paying attention to detail lately. She's really starting to lightly play with small things like the antenna on one of her bugs or tags on her toys. She'll lightly flick them with her finger and sometimes put the object in between her thumb and pointer finger. So cute :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment